|Born:||June 6, 1952 (age 70)|
|Career:||U.S. Senate, 2019-present|
U.S. House of Representatives, 2003-2019
Tennessee State Senate, 1998-2002
|Education:||B.S., Mississippi State University|
Marsha Blackburn assumed office in the U.S. Senate for Tennessee on Jan. 3, 2019, the first woman to represent Tennessee in the Senate.
Blackburn was born June 6, 1952, in Laurel, Mississippi. She graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in home economics in 1973. She owns Marketing Strategies, a promotion event management firm, and previously worked as a sales manager for Southwestern Company and as director of retail fashion/special events for the Caster Knott Company.
Blackburn was a member of the Tennessee state senate, 1998-2002. She represented Tennessee's 7th District in the U.S. House of Representatives from 2003-2019.
For information on Blackburn's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
Ballotpedia (n.d.). Marsha Blackburn. Retrieved on Oct. 12, 2020, from https://ballotpedia.org/Marsha_Blackburn.
United States House of Representatives. (n.d.). Blackburn, Marsha. Retrieved on October 12, 2020, from https://history.house.gov/People/Listing/B/BLACKBURN,-Marsha-(B001243)/.
Vote Smart. (n.d.). Marsha Blackburn's Biography. Retrieved on Oct. 12, 2020, from https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/biography/25186/marsha-blackburn.
- Barrett Supreme Court Confirmation Hearing Opening Statement – Oct. 12, 2020
- Republican National Committee Speech - Aug. 26, 2020
- Victory Speech - November 6, 2018
- Remarks at the 2016 Republican National Committee - July 21, 2016
- Remarks at CPAC 2016- March 3, 2016
- Remarks at the Iowa Freedom Summit - Jan. 24, 2015
- Forty Years of Victims' Legacy of Abortion - Jan. 22, 2013
- Reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act - May 16, 2012
- Small Business Tax Cuts - April 19, 2012
- Women Opposing Obamacare - April 3, 2012
- Recognizing the 15th Anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act - Sept. 14, 2009
- Supporting Efforts to Reduce Infant Mortality - Sept. 14, 2009
- Cap and Trade: Statement Before the House Energy and Commerce Committee - April 21, 2009
- Remarks at the 2008 Republican National Committee - Sept. 4, 2008
- Jobs and Growth Package - May 8, 2003
- Crisis - September 29, 2018
- Believe - September 28, 2018
- Nature - September 18, 2018
- Non-Starter - September 13, 2018
- Percent - August 31, 2018
- Deserve - Aug. 16, 2018
- Get the Job Done - Aug. 7, 2018
- Better Shape - Aug. 1, 2018
- Join our Fight - February 20, 2018
- Fighting Planned Parenthood - January 16, 2018
- Standing with President Trump - January 9, 2018
- Working Together with President Trump - January 9, 2018
- State Income Tax - December 11, 2017
- Tax Reform - November 27, 2017
- Supporting President Trump's Immigration Plan - November 13, 2017
- The Anthem - November 1, 2017
- Why I'm Running - October 5, 2017
- Blackburn's October Campaign - Oct. 25, 2006