The Archives of Women's Political Communication was developed by the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics at Iowa State University. The goal of the archives is to showcase women’s political discourse and promote lifelong learning of women in political leadership throughout the world.
The archives is designed to serve as a resource for faculty teaching courses and conducting research in political science, speech communication, journalism, women's studies, sociology, history and other fields. It also serves as a resource for students and members of the public interested in women's political communication. An internal review board of scholars in communication, political science, journalism, history, sociology, women's studies and archives helps oversee and review the collection of speeches.
The Archives is made possible through a generous gift from the late Richard and Mary Jo Stanley. Richard Stanley, who earned bachelor's degrees in both mechanical engineering and electrical engineering from Iowa State University, was chair emeritus and past president of The Stanley Group, Iowa's largest engineering firm, and chair and past president of The Stanley Foundation, a private organization that works toward securing peace with freedom and justice by encouraging study, research and discussion of international issues. Mary Jo Stanley also graduated from Iowa State, earning a bachelor's degree in home economics. She was a director emerita of The Stanley Foundation. The Stanleys were longtime supporters of Iowa State University and the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics.
- Karen Kedrowski - director, Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics
- Kelly Winfrey – assistant professor, Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication, and coordinator of research and outreach, Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics
- Sue Cloud – communications specialist, Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics
- Crystal Brandenburgh – undergraduate research intern
- Jessica Holtkamp – undergraduate research intern
Archives internal review board
- Laura Brown – assistant professor, Department of English
- Stacy Cordery – professor, Department of History
- Abby Dubisar – associate professor, Department of English
- Angie Hunt – communications specialist, Iowa State University News Service
- Petrina Jackson – head of Special Collections and University Archives
- Kelly Winfrey – interim director, Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics, and assistant professor, Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication