Marsha Blackburn

Why I'm Running - October 5, 2017

Marsha Blackburn
October 05, 2017
Campaign status: Won

BLACKBURN: The United States Senate...it's totally dysfunctional and it's enough to drive you nuts. And that's why I've decided to do something about it. I'm Marsha Blackburn. I'm a hardcore, card carrying Tennessee conservative. I'm politically incorrect, and proud of it. So, let me just say it like it is: The fact that our Republican majority in the U.S. Senate can't overturn Obamacare, or will not overturn Obamacare...it's a disgrace. Too many Senate Republicans act like Democrats. Or worse. And that's what we have to change. Here in Tennessee, I fought my own party to stop a massive, job killing, state income tax. And we stopped it. We won. I know the left calls me a wing-nut, or a knuckle dragging conservative. And you know what? I say that's all right, bring it on. I'm 100% pro-life. I fought Planned Parenthood and we stopped the sale of baby body parts. Thank God. I shoot skeet, have a concealed carry permit for the gun that I do pack in my purse. I believe our government spends too much, grows too much, and is bankrupting our children's future. I believe in President Trump's immigration ban. And I'll fight with him every step of the way to build that wall. I stand for hundreds of millions of honest Americans who work hard and they play by the rules. And I stand for the greatest country the world has ever known. I stand when the President walks in the room. And yes, I stand when I hear the Star-Spangled Banner. A great Tennessean who wasn't so politically correct himself once said, "One man with courage makes a majority." Well, courage comes in both genders. And I'm running for the U.S. Senate because I'll fight every day to make our Republican majority act like one. Too much is at stake. America needs a conservative revolution, and leaders who are willing to fight in it. I'm Marsha Blackburn. That's why I'm running for the U.S. Senate, and I would be honored to have your vote.