|Born:||May 25, 1960 (age 59)|
|Career:||U.S. Senate, 2007-present|
Hennepin (Minnesota) county attorney, 1999-2007
|Party:||Democratic Farmer Labor|
|Education:||B.A., Yale University|
J.D., University of Chicago School of Law
Amy Klobuchar assumed office as Minnesota's first female United States senator in January 2007.
Klobuchar was born May 25, 1960, in Plymouth, Minnesota. She graduated magna cum laude from Yale University in 1982 and completed her Juris Doctorate from the University of Chicago Law School in 1985.
In 1998, after serving as a partner of two of Minnesota's leading law firms, Klobuchar was elected to serve as prosecutor for Hennepin County, Minnesota's most populous county. Klobuchar served eight years as the county attorney, advocating for the safe school initiative, community prosecution efforts, and criminal justice reforms, earning national awards.
For information on Klobuchar's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. Senate, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Iowa State Fair Political Soapbox - Aug. 10, 2019
- Presidential Campaign Announcement - February 11, 2019
- Amy Klobuchar on the Rachel Maddow Show - December 6, 2018
- Women Leaders: Building Bridges to Get the Job Done - Aug. 31, 2017
- Commencement Address at St. Olaf College - May 28, 2017
- Humphrey School of Public Affairs Commencement Address - May 13, 2017
- Democratic Women of the Senate at the 2016 DNC - July 28, 2016
- Remarks at the 2016 DNC - July 26, 2016
- Remarks at the 2008 DNC - Aug. 25, 2008
- Speech on Energy Policy - June 19, 2006
- Energy Freedom & Opportunity: A Call to Action - Nov. 14, 2005
- Courage - November 2, 2018
- Never Quits - October 22, 2018
- Burn - October 17, 2018
- Build a Future - September 23, 2018
- Our Senator - September 10, 2018
- Working for Minnesota - June 8, 2018
- Figured Out - Nov. 19, 2012
- Abigail - Nov. 6, 2012
- Invent - Oct. 16, 2012
- People - Oct. 16, 2012
- Saved - Oct. 7, 2012
- Outrageous - Sep. 30, 2012