Amy Klobuchar

Working for Minnesota - June 8, 2018

Amy Klobuchar
June 08, 2018
Campaign status: Won

VARIOUS PEOPLE:
Amy is awesome for Minnesota.
She's someone I feel I could depend on.
She stands up for the farmers and the rural economy.
Amy is someone who cares. She cares about what's important to me and my family.
She's able to work with both sides of the aisle.

KLOBUCHAR: Courage is not whether you're gonna go in there and just throw a lot of insults at each other.

WOMAN: She understands that you don't get things done if you are all by yourself.

KLOBUCHAR: Courage is whether or not you're willing to stand next to someone you don't always agree with for the betterment of this country.

WOMAN: She works hard. She's sensible practical. She's a Minnesotan.

TREVOR NOAH: You have been ranked as first on a list of all 100 senators with the most bills that have been enacted into law during the current Congress, which is amazing.

VARIOUS PEOPLE:
Amy is all over the state.
She has covered this entire state over and over again, listening to everybody.

KLOBUCHAR: I visit all 87 of Minnesota counties every single year. In some of the counties, I have practically met everyone. You don't just go where it's comfortable – you go where it's uncomfortable.

WOMAN: Amy works tirelessly because she wants to get the job done.

REPORTERS:
Senator Amy Klobuchar says too many college students are graduating with degrees in areas with no job openings, so she introduced the American Apprenticeship Act. The Act would expand tuition assistance for participants in apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs.
A bill authored by Senator Amy Klobuchar that recruits and supports women in STEM fields has been signed into law.
A group of bipartisan lawmakers led by U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar is seeking answers for more than 100,000 members of the military.

KLOBUCHAR: It's become clear that there are questions that demand answers about the toll that exposure to toxic burn pits is taking on our nation's heroes.

VARIOUS PEOPLE:
Amy has always been there for veterans.
Amy's fearless. When she feels that something's the right thing to do, she's going to speak up about it.

JUDY WOODRUFF: A bipartisan effort to secure the nation's voting system is underway on Capitol Hill, led by senators Amy Klobuchar and James Lankford.

KLOBUCHAR: We are trying to help the states to shore up their election equipment. This was basically a cyber attack from Russia and I think it's important for this country that we get to the bottom of what happened, regardless of what the president tweets. He said it's a witch hunt and I think it's a truth hunt.

REPORTER: Democratic senator Amy Klobuchar today called for a federal crackdown on pharmaceutical companies for raising the prices of life-saving drugs to record levels.

KLOBUCHAR: Four out of ten of the top ten selling drugs in America have gone up over 100 percent in just the last few years. We have to take on the pharmaceutical companies.

WOMAN: She has one interest and that's the welfare of people in Minnesota.

RACHEL MADDOW: Turns out when it comes to the basics of winning elections and getting stuff passed, Senator Amy Klobuchar is a really good politician.

VARIOUS PEOPLE:
Amy's awesome.
She works for everybody.
Amy is Minnesotan through and through.
I love Amy.
I am so proud to have Amy as my senator. I think she's one of the best things that's ever happened to the state of Minnesota.
Either side of the aisle, she is what a senator should be.

KLOBUCHAR: I'm Amy Klobuchar. I approve this message.