|Born:||December 9, 1966 (age 52)|
|Career:||U.S. Senate, 2009-present|
U.S. House of Representatives, 2007-2009
|Education:||B.A., Dartmouth College|
J.D., University of California-Los Angeles
Kirsten Gillibrand assumed office as a United States senator from New York in January 2009, after being appointed to fill the seat vacated by Senator Hillary Clinton when she became U.S. secretary of state for the Obama Administration. Gillibrand won a special election in 2010, and a full 6-year term in 2012.
Gillibrand was born December 9, 1966, near Albany, NY. She graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in Asian studies in 1988 and completed her Juris Doctorate from the University of California-Los Angeles Law School in 1991. Gillibrand worked as an associate in the law firm of Davis Polk and Wardwell in Manhattan, New York, before becoming a partner at Bores Schiller and Flexner in Albany, New York.
Gillibrand served in the U.S. House of Representatives for New York's 20th Congressional District from 2007 to 2009. She was the first member of Congress to post her official public schedule, personal financial disclosure and federal earmark request online.
For information on Gillibrand's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Victory Speech - November 6, 2018
- Power of Women Speech – April 13, 2018
- Human Rights Campaign Speech - February 3, 2018
- Democratic Women of the Senate at the 2016 DNC - Jul. 28, 2016
- Remarks at the 2016 DNC - July 25, 2016
- Equal Pay Day - April 12, 2016
- A Conversation with Senator Elizabeth Warren - Sept. 14, 2015
- Military Justice Improvement Act - June 16, 2015
- Vassar College Commencement Address - May 26, 2013
- Victory Speech - Nov. 2, 2010
- Why I'm Running - November 4, 2018
- Educational opportunity - Oct. 23, 2102
- Standing up for women - Oct. 15, 2012
- Heroes - Oct. 12, 2012
- Cleaning up Washington - Oct. 5, 2012
- Search - Sept. 21, 2012
- Make it here - Sept. 24, 2012
- Fighting - Aug. 15, 2011
- Fighting for New York - Aug. 15, 2011
- Made in America - Aug. 15, 2011
- Open - Aug. 15, 2011
- Turning - Aug. 15, 2011
- Voice for Veterans - Aug. 15, 2011