|Born:||April 12, 1981 (age 37)|
|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 2013-present|
Honolulu City Council, 2011-2012
Hawaii State Legislature, 2002-2004
|Education:||B.S., Hawaii Pacific University|
Tulsi Gabbard assumed office as the representative for Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District in 2013.
Gabbard was born on April 12, 1981, in Leloaloa, American Samoa, to Carol and State Senator Mike Gabbard. She received a B.S. in business administration from Hawaii Pacific University.
At the age of 19, Gabbard co-founded Healthy Hawaii Coalition (HHC), a non-profit grassroots organization whose mission is to protect the environment and improve individual and community health. In 2002, she became the youngest person ever elected to the Hawaii State Legislature, representing District 42 in West Oahu. Between 2004 and 2009, Gabbard served two deployments to the Middle East. In 2007, she attended the Accelerated Officer Candidate School at Ft. McClellan, Alabama, and was the first female Distinguished Honor Graduate in the 50-year history of the academy.
In 2006, Gabbard went to Washington D.C. to serve in the U.S. Senate as legislative aide to Senator Daniel K. Akaka. She was elected to the Honolulu City Council on November 3, 2010. She served as chair of the Safety, Economic Development, and Government Affairs Committee, as vice chair of the Budget Committee and was a member of the Zoning and Public Works Committee.
For information on Gabbard's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Military Justice Reform - May 21, 2014
- Support of the Hire More Heroes Act - March 11, 2014
- Endorsed by VoteVets.org - Feb. 9, 2014
- On the Anniversary of Patsy Mink's Historic Title IX Legislation - June 4, 2013
- Memorial Day 2012 Kauai - June 21, 2012
- Hawaii F.A.C.E. Rally - Apr. 7, 2012
- Veterans Celebration - March 31, 2012
- Election Day is Today August 11 - Aug. 11, 2012
- We Have a Choice - Aug. 7, 2012
- A Bright Future, version 4 - Aug. 6, 2012
- Legendary Veteran George T. Mukai Supports Tulsi Gabbard- Aug. 3, 2012
- A Bright Future, version 3 - Aug. 2, 2012
- A Bright Future, version 2 - Aug. 2, 2012
- A Bright Future, version 1 - Aug. 1, 2012
- We Have a Choice - July 31, 2012
- Pay-to-Play - July 23, 2012
- What Matters - July 10, 2012
- Fresh Leadership- Jun 20, 2012
- Tulsi Gabbard Offers to Serve You in Congress- May 19, 2012
- "A Window into Tulsi Gabbard's Heart: Coming Home, Understanding War's Toll on Family"- Apr 7, 2012