Tulsi Gabbard

Endorsed by VoteVets.org - Feb. 9, 2014

Tulsi Gabbard
February 09, 2014— Hawaii

GABBARD: First of all I just want to say thank you so much to my fellow veterans here who've come out today in support of my candidacy for Congress. I’m also very excited to announce the endorsement of VoteVets.org which is one of the leading advocacy organizations for veterans across the country.

RYAN SOON: My name is Ryan Soon, and I am a veteran of the Global War on Terrorism with three deployments to Iraq and Kuwait. As a veteran, I experienced first-hand as well as through various service member outreach programs the difficulties many veterans face such as housing, employment, education and medical needs.

MARTIN TREVINO: We need somebody, a leader, a champion if you will, who understands the wars that we face both there and here. I couldn't think of anybody better in a Congressional position than Tulsi Gabbard.

ALLEN HOE: It is such an honor to stand beside Tulsi. You know, I fought my war four decades plus ago, and over the course of my very interesting life here in Hawaii, I've always been impressed by the young keiki o'ka aina who have stepped forward when our nation has called them to serve.

SOON: We need the voice of a strong leader in Congress. That’s why I’m very happy and proud that we've chosen Tulsi as our voice.

TREVINO: I had the honor to serve with her over in country. And there’s no finer soldier.

HOE: I've always admired not only her leadership skills as a military officer but her ability to kind of bring very diverse groups of individuals and communities together to kind of achieve or accomplish the mission.

SOON: We placed our trust in her and we were never disappointed. I know that when she takes that seat in Congress, we will not be disappointed.

HOE: You know that all the veterans from Hawaii and across the nation will stand very tall and be very proud to support you.

TREVINO: I know you'll do a fine job as a Congressman. Thank you, Tulsi.

GABBARD: Thank you. Thank you Martin. For me, personally, to earn the support and the endorsements of our real-life heroes that we have in our community and to serve along-side them is a tremendous honor because I feel that they know me best. We've been through thick and thin together, and to have their trust and to have earned their confidence, to fight for them, to fight for the people of Hawaii and to fight for our nation is something that I don't take lightly. It’s a very serious responsibility and one that I'm tremendously honored to have, and as a member of Congress, I look forward to doing that.

Speech from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtW_S44ePZ8&list=UUBTNyrZoiTweJ1PZsJgdWTA&index=48.