|Born:||April 26, 1970 (age 52)|
|Career:||First Lady of the United States, 2017-2021|
Melania Trump served as first lady of the United States from 2017-2021, the wife of the 45th president of the United States, Donald J. Trump. She was the second foreign-born first lady, after Louisa Adams, the British-born wife of President John Quincy Adams, who served from 1825-1829.
Trump, neé Melania Knauss, was born in Novo Mesto, Slovenia, on April 26, 1970. She began a modeling career at the age of 16, and studied at the University of Ljubljana for one year. She married businessman Donald Trump on January 22, 2005, and became a U.S. citizen in 2006.
Trump spoke at the Republican National Convention in the summer of 2016, but played a relatively small role in both of his presidential campaigns. She launched BE BEST, an awareness campaign that strives to promote a world for children based on healthy living, kindness and respect, in 2018.
Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica (2020, Oct. 2). Melania Trump: American first lady. In Britannica. Retrieved on October 6, 2020, from https://www.britannica.com/biography/Melania-Trump.
The White House. (n.d.). Melania Trump. Retrieved on October 6, 2020, from https://www.whitehouse.gov/people/melania-trump.
White House Historical Association. (n.d.). Melania Trump. Retrieved on October 6, 2020, from https://www.whitehousehistory.org/bios/melania-trump.
- Farewell Address - Jan. 18, 2021
- Republican National Committee Speech - Aug. 25, 2020
- First Lady Melania Trump and Others on Cyberbullying - August 20, 2018
- Remarks at the U.N. General Assembly - Sept. 20, 2017
- Remarks at the 2017 International Women of Courage Awards - Mar. 28, 2017
- Remarks at Rally in Melbourne, Florida - Feb. 18, 2017
- Remarks in Wilmington, North Carolina - Nov. 5, 2016
- Remarks in Pennsylvania - Nov. 3, 2016
- Interview with Anderson Cooper - Oct. 17, 2016
- 2016 Republican National Convention Speech - July 18, 2016
- First Appearance Stumping for Donald Trump - April 4, 2016