|Born:||April 29, 1950 (age 70)|
|Career:||U.S. Senate, 2001-present|
U.S. House of Representatives, 1995-2001
Michigan Senate, 1991-1994
Michigan House of Representatives, 1979-1990
|Education:||B.A. and M.S.W., Michigan State University|
Debbie Stabenow assumed office as a Michigan United States senator in January 2001, the first woman to represent the state in the U.S. Senate.
Stabenow was born April 29, 1950, in Gladwin, Michigan. She completed her Bachelor of Arts and Master of Social Work degrees from Michigan State University in 1972 and 1975, respectively. Before entering politics, Stabenow worked with youth in the public schools.
Stabenow served as Ingham County commissioner from 1975-1978. She served in the Michigan House of Representatives from 1979-90 and in the state Senate from 1991-94. In 1995, she was elected to represent Michigan's 8th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.
For information on Stabenow's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
Biographical Directory of the United States Congress (n.d.). Stabenow, Deborah Ann (1950-). Retrieved on May 13, 2020, from https://bioguideretro.congress.gov/Home/MemberDetails?memIndex=S000770.
Stabenow, D. (n.d.). Biography. Retrieved on May 13, 2020 from https://www.stabenow.senate.gov/about/biography.
- Victory Speech - November 6, 2018
- Democratic Women of the Senate at the 2016 DNC - July 28, 2016
- Ford School Commencement Address - May 2, 2015
- Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act Of 2009 - Nov. 21, 2009
- Health Care Reform - Nov. 19, 2009
- Clean Energy Partnerships Act - Nov. 5, 2009
- Unemployment Compensation Extension Act Of 2009 - Oct. 28, 2009
- Iraq Resolution - Feb. 16, 2007
- Hops - Oct. 29, 2018
- Fights for Us - Oct. 25, 2018
- Lauren - Oct. 18, 2018
- A Lifelong Commitment - Oct. 16, 2018
- The STEWART Story - Oct. 10, 2108
- Succeed in Michigan - Oct. 2, 2018
- Listen - Sept. 19, 2018
- Influence - Sept. 6, 2018
- Fighting for our Veterans - Aug. 21, 2018
- Together - Aug. 14, 2018
- Lowering the Cost of Prescription Drugs - July 21, 2018
- Lakes - July 2, 2018
- Michigan's Choice - Oct. 31, 2012
- Cover Up - Oct. 28, 2012
- A Fighter - Oct. 28, 2012
- She Stands for Us - Oct. 1, 2012
- Companies Like Mine - Sept. 17, 2012