Debbie A Stabenow

Victory Speech - November 6, 2018

Debbie A Stabenow
November 06, 2018— Detroit, Michigan

And I am so grateful to have the team of people that work with me not only on the campaign, but serving the people of Michigan every single day. We love our state and I just have to give a few shoutouts tonight. The woman has been with me since the very, very beginning, who is the embodiment of public service, Theresa Plector, my great state director. The man who is my campaign manager that took us all the way over the line, Jason Allen Burt and our entire team, our entire fantastic campaign, team thank you so much. And then I ended my entire team in DC, who serve people every day. We get things done because we work with people every day, and the people on this stage do that every single day and I'm very grateful for them. And I also want to say you know you've heard a little bit about farmers and agriculture and I care deeply about growing things in Michigan, Joe Schultz and my Ag staff are the best.

I also want to give a shout-out to my finance team, my committee, and Annette Rogers and … and all my finance team who helped us have the resources to tell the Michigan story and to tell my story, and I also want to say that this year we put together what we called the one campaign for Michigan, and the reason for that was because we are a team that has a shared set of values and priorities. We all loved our state and I want to thank Brandon Dillon, Labora Barnes, Anna McDonald, Charlie Rowe for leading the effort.

So many people to thank but I have to say we did it in Detroit, Mayor Mike Duggan, we did it… Wayne County Lauren Ellis, Wayne County exec, I mean we came roaring in and the Coalition for all of us has been about bringing people together, working men and women, business people, environmental community, women's community, religious community, agricultural leaders. That's how you get things done, that is how you get things done, and that's how I govern to be able to get things done.

And so I'm so grateful my whole family is here as well as that- we've got some kids that have been home to go to bed- but we have a fantastic team and I also did I see in addition to Gary Peters, Dyson … right around here. An amazing Michigan public servant. Thank you, in addition the Andy, of course … on stage are people that care deeply about public service. We care deeply about moving Michigan forward and I cannot think of a better way to do that than working with Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Gretchen and Garland are going to be amazing and Jocelyn Benson Secretary of State, come on. And I am counting on Dana Nessel to get over the line here as our Attorney General.

Let me just take one more moment and say, you know every week in very difficult times, we know how tough these times are. I stand up and go to Washington to fight for you. I go in on Monday and I come back the end of the week and I look for every opportunity to be able to work across the aisle to get things done when we can, and when we have folks that want to threaten Michigan and our families, I'll stand up- stand up and fight him every single time. We've had some wonderful wins in Michigan tonight because of all of you. Thank you so much, people who have worked so hard, who believed in us, believe in what we stand for as Democrats, who understand what it is that we need to do together to move Michigan and our country forward. So I have a big thank you to every single person in this room and I want you to know, starting again tomorrow, I'm going to work my heart out for each and every one of you. Thank you.