|Born:||October 22, 1933 (age 85)|
|Career:||U.S. Senate, 1992-present|
Mayor of San Francisco, 1978-1988
San Francisco Board of Supervisors, 1970-1978
|Education:||B.A., Stanford University|
Dianne Feinstein assumed office as a United States senator from California in November 1992, through a special election.
Feinstein was born in San Francisco, California, on June 22, 1933. In 1955, she graduated from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts in history. Following college, she served as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors (1970 to 1978) and as the 38th mayor of San Francisco (1978 to 1988).
Feinstein represents the first woman president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, first woman mayor of San Francisco, first woman elected as a California senator, first woman member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, first woman to chair the Senate Rules and Administration Committee (in the 110th Congress) and first woman to chair the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.
For more information on Feinstein's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Victory Speech - November 6, 2018
- Alleged CIA Computer Tampering- March 11, 2014
- Remembering Geraldine Ferraro - March 29, 2011
- Global Warming: A Time to Act - Oct. 25, 2006
- Gang Violence: An Environment of Fear - Oct. 23, 2006
- The Need for AgJOBS is Now - Oct. 20, 2006
- Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act - July 17, 2006
- Border Tunnel Ammendment - July 11, 2006
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform: The Orange Card Program - May 22, 2006
- Power of Women - March 22, 2006
- On the Death of Dana Reeve - March 7, 2006
- Nuclear Option II - May 23, 2005
- Nuclear Option - May 18, 2005
- International Women's Day - March 8, 2005
- Los Angeles Town Hall Meeting - July 17, 2004
- In Opposition to the Federal Marriage Ammendment - July 12, 2004
- Manipulation of the California Energy Market - June 7, 2004
- Mother's Day March to Hault the Assault - May 6, 2004
- Support the Feinstein Substitute Ammendment - March 25, 2004
- Commencement Adress: USC Law School - May 18, 2003
- Martin Luther King Day Address - Jan. 20, 2003
- Commencement Address at Stanford University - June 13, 1993
- Commencement Address at Golden Gate University School of Law - June 4, 1977