|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 2017-present|
|Education:||B.A., College of William and Mary|
M.S., Georgetown University
Stephanie Murphy assumed office in the U.S. House of Representatives for Florida's 7th congressional district in January 2017. Murphy is the first Vietnamese-American woman and second Vietnamese-American person elected to Congress.
Murphy holds an M.S. in foreign service from Georgetown University and a B.A. in economics from the College of William and Mary. She currently works as an executive at Sungate Capital and is also an instructor of business and social entrepreneurship at Rollins College. Previously, she served as a national security specialist in the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense. Prior to her public service, Murphy was a strategy consultant at Deloitte Consulting.
In July of 2021, Murphy was appointed to serve on the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.
For information on Murphy' policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
Ballotpedia (n.d.). Stephanie Murphy. Retrieved on November 21 2022, from https://ballotpedia.org/Stephanie_Murphy
- Opening Statement at the Seventh Public Hearing of the January 6th Select Committee - July 12, 2022
- Gettysburg College Commencement Address – May 14, 2022
- Speech at CSIS Regarding US-South Korea Alliance and North Korea Threats - September 5, 2017
- Seminole County Democratic Party General Meeting - April 13, 2017
- Town Hall - Oct. 26, 2018
- Sarah - Oct 7, 2018
- Accountable - September 18, 2018
- Oportunidad Justo - September 6, 2018
- Working - August 29, 2018
- Barack Obama's support - Oct. 31, 2016
- Times Change - Oct. 25, 2016
- It's Time to Change Washington - Oct. 8, 2016
- It's Time to Fix Washington - Sept. 12, 2016
- Why I'm Running for Congress - Sep 8, 2016