|Born:||June 3, 1951 (age 69)|
|Career:||Second lady of the United States, 2009-2017|
|Education:||B.A., University of Delaware|
M.Ed,, West Chester University
D.Ed., University of Delaware
Jill Biden, an American educator, was the second lady of the United States from 2009-2017. She is the wife of Joe Biden, the 47th vice president of the United States and the 2020 Democratic nominee for president.
Biden was born on June 3, 1951, in Hammonton, New Jersey, and grew up in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. She has a B.A. in English from the University of Delaware (1975), a Master of Education from West Chester University (1981) and a Master of Arts from Villanova University (1987), and a Doctor of Education in educational leadership from the University of Delaware (2007).
Biden has been an educator for decades. Prior to moving to Washington, D.C., she taught English at Delaware Technical & Community College, at a public high school and at a psychiatric hospital for adolescents. Since 2009, she has been a professor of English at Northern Virginia Community College and is thought to be the first second lady to hold a paying job while her husband was vice president. In 2020, she took a leave of absence in order to campaign with her husband.
The White House. (n.d.). Dr. Jill Biden. (archived). Retrieved on October 6, 2020, from https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/administration/jill-biden.
Van Meter, Jonathan (November 2008). All the Vice President's Women. Vogue. Archived from the original on August 31, 2014. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- DNC Speech - Aug. 18, 2020
- Remarks at Joining Forces Capstone - Nov. 14, 2016
- Remarks at UNESCO - June 14, 2016
- Operation Educate the Educators- April 13, 2016
- Remarks at the American Association of Educational Researchers Annual Meeting- April 11, 2016
- Central Piedmont Community College Commencement Address- May 14, 2015
- Virgina Community College System's 2015 New Horizons Conference- April 1, 2015
- Remarks at DREAM 2015- Feb. 20, 2015
- White House Summit on Community Colleges- Feb. 11, 2015
- Villanova University Commencement- May 27, 2014
- Navajo Technical College Commencement- May 17, 2013
- Remarks at the 2012 DNC - Sept. 6, 2012
- Southwestern Community College Commencement Address- May 11, 2012
- Broward College Commencement Address- May 4, 2012
- Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence Awards- Dec. 12, 2011
- Opening Ceremony of the PFLAG National Convention- Nov. 4, 2011
- The Women's Conference- Oct. 26, 2010