|Born:||December 21, 1947 (age 75)|
|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 1995-present|
Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors, 1981-1994
|Education:||B.A., Santa Clara University|
J.D., Stanford University
Zoe Lofgren assumed office in January 1995, representing California's 16th District in the United States House of Representatives. After the 2011 redistricting, she was elected to represent the 19th District in 2012, and after the 2021 redistricting she now represents the 18th District.
Lofgren was born December 21, 1947, in San Moteo, California. She graduated from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science in 1970 and received her Juris Doctorate, graduating cum laude, from the University of Santa Clara School of Law in 1975.
Prior to serving in Congress, Lofgren worked as a staff assistant to her 16th District predecessor, Congressman Don Edwards. From 1978 to 1980, Lofgren practiced immigration law as a partner at Webber and Lofgren. She taught immigration law at the University of Santa Clara School of Law from 1977 to 1980. She also served on the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors from 1981 to 1994.
In July of 2021, Lofgren was appointed to serve on the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.
For information on Lofgren's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Opening Statement at the Tenth Public Hearing of the January 6th Select Committee – Dec. 19, 2022
- Opening Statement at the Ninth Public Hearing of the January 6th Select Committee – Oct. 13, 2022
- Opening Statement at the Second Public Hearing of the January 6th Select Committee - June 13, 2022
- Remarks on impeachment of Donald J. Trump - Jan. 13, 2021
- Opening statement to oversight hearing of US Citizenship and Immigration Services - July 29, 2014
- Religous Persecution in Vietnam - Oct. 26, 2005
- Opening Remarks at the Congressional Caucus on Vietnam - Oct. 1, 2003