|Born:||February 11, 1964 (age 55)|
|Career:||Governor of Alaska, 2006-2009|
Chairperson of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, 2003-2004
Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, 1996-2002
|Education:||B.S., University of Idaho|
Sarah Palin was sworn in as Alaska's first female governor on December 4, 2006. In August 2008, Senator John McCain chose Palin to serve as his vice-presidential running mate in his presidential campaign, making Palin the first woman to run on the Republican Party's presidential ticket. Palin resigned as governor of Alaska in July 2009.
Palin was born on February 11, 1964, in Sandpoint, Idaho. She moved to Alaska with her family in 1964, when her father took a teaching position in Skagway, Alaska, before eventually settling in Wasilla. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987.
Prior to her election as governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council and two terms as the mayor of Wasilla.
Palin is past chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission. She also served as chair of the National Governors Association's (NGA) Natural Resources Committee.
She is the author of "Going Rogue: An American Life" (November 2009) and "America by Heart" (November 2010). In January 2009, Palin formed a political action committee, SarahPAC, which supports candidates for federal and state office. In 2010, she was the host of the 8-week documentary series, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," on The Learning Channel (TLC). From 2010 to 2015, she provided political commentary for Fox News. In April 2014, she premiered the TV show "Amazing America with Sarah Palin" on the Sportsman Channel. From July 2014 to July 2015, she had an online news network, the "Sarah Palin Channel."
- Endorsing Donald Trump - Jan. 19, 2016
- Remarks at CPAC 2015 - Feb. 26, 2015
- Remarks at the Iowa Freedom Summit - Jan. 24, 2015
- Address at CPAC 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Address at CPAC 2013 - March 16, 2013
- Address at CPAC 2012 - Feb. 11, 2012
- Interview with Geraldine Ferraro - Nov. 2, 2010
- Farewell Speech - July 26, 2009
- Palin Announces No Second Term - July 3, 2009
- Achieving Strategic Energy Independence - Oct.29, 2008
- Commitment To Children With Special Needs - Oct. 23, 2008
- Comments at Pennsylvania Rally - Oct.12, 2008
- Remarks at 2008 Republican National Convention - Sept. 3, 2008
- Announced as Vice President at Dayton, Ohio rally - Aug. 29, 2008
- Juneau Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner - Oct. 27, 2007
- Alaska Federation of Natives Speech - Oct. 25, 2007
- State of the State Address - Jan. 17, 2007