|Born:||January 10, 1938 (age 84)|
|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 1997-2017|
|Education:||B.S., Pacific Lutheran University|
M.A., Yale University
M.E., University of California - Santa Barbara
Lois Capps represented California's 22nd District in the United States House of Representatives from 1997 to 2003, the 23rd District from 2003 to 2013 and the 24th District from 2013 to 2017.
Capps was born January 10, 1938, in Ladysmith, Wisconsin. She graduated from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington, with a Bachelor of Science in nursing. She worked as a nursing instructor in Portland, Oregon, following college graduation. She received her master's degree in religion from Yale University, while also working as head nurse at Yale New Haven Hospital. She also completed a master's degree in education from the University of California, Santa Barbara and has received honorary doctorates from Pacific Lutheran University and Pacific Lutheran Theology Seminary.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, Capps founded and served as co-chair of the House Nursing Caucus.
For more information on Capps' policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation during her time in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
Ballotpedia (n.d.). "Lois Capps" Ballotpedia. Retrieved September 26, 2022. https://ballotpedia.org/Lois_Capps
History, Art & Archives (n.d.). "Capps, Lois" U.S. House of Representatives. Retrieved September 26, 2022. https://history.house.gov/People/Detail/11744
- Train Act and Clean Air Act - July 31, 2011
- Defeat Energy Bill - July 28, 2005
- The Assault Weapons Ban Must be Extended - Oct. 13, 2004
- Nursing in the 21st Century: A New Call to Action - June 14, 2003
- Federal Budget is a Reflection of our Priorities - March 19, 2003
- Focus on Women's Health - Jan. 25, 2003
- Celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Jan. 20, 2003
- The Choice is Clear - Oct. 30, 2012
- 12 Days Until Election - Oct. 25, 2012
- Jump - Oct. 24, 2012
- Family (Spanish) - Oct. 24, 2012
- Endorsed by Central Coast Papers - Oct. 18, 2012
- The Choice on Wall Street Reform - Oct. 17, 2012
- Maldonado's Latest Tax Abuse - Oct. 8, 2012
- Response to Misleading Attack Ads - Oct. 6, 2012
- Maldonado's Back Taxes - Sept. 8, 2012
- Friends - July 26, 2012
- Trust - July 26, 2012
- Home - May 12, 2012
- Communities - May 8, 2012
- Ask - July 12, 2011