|Born:||January 3, 1974 (age 49)|
|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 2019-present|
|Education:||B.A., Yale University|
J.D., Harvard Law School
Katie Porter has served in the U.S. House of Representatives since 2019, representing California's 45th congressional district from 2019-2023 and the 47th district since 2023. On Jan. 10, 2023, Porter announced that she is running for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Dianne Feinstein, who is retiring at the end of her current term.
Porter was born on January 3, 1974, in Ft. Dodge, Iowa. She earned a bachelor's degree from Yale University and a J.D. from Harvard Law School. She is a law professor at University of California Irvine and a consumer protection attorney for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, World Bank, Federal Judicial Center and Uniform Law Commission.
For information on Porter's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Homeowners – Oct. 2, 2018
- Turned Her Back – Oct. 2, 2018
- 99 Percent Trump – Sept. 29, 2018
- Straight Up Lie - September 14, 2018
- 100% Orange County - September 10, 2018
- Appendicitis - September 9, 2018
- Healthcare - September 9, 2018
- Straight-Up Lie - Aug. 20, 2018
- Katie Porter vs Mimi Walters - May 19, 2018
- Two Senators - May 2, 2018
- Minivan - May 2, 2018