Elise Stefanik

Republican National Committee Speech - Aug. 26, 2020

Elise Stefanik
August 26, 2020
Republican National Committee 2020

I'm Congresswoman Elise Stefanik and I am honored to represent New York's 21st congressional district, the cradle of the American Revolution. It's where, almost 250 years ago, brave patriots fought in the battles of Saratoga to turn the tide of the Revolutionary War. It's where 40 years ago, in Lake Placid a team of amateur hockey players outhustled, outskated, and defeated the Soviet Union, stunning the world and giving us the unforgettable miracle on ice. And today it's home to Fort Drum and the historic 10th Mountain Division, the most deployed unit in the U.S. Army since 9/11. Where I saw firsthand President Trump graciously thank and honor our men and women in uniform and sign the largest pay raise for our troops in a decade.

Since our nation's founding, generation after generation of everyday Americans served and sacrificed to preserve and strengthen the American dream. The vision of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and the idea that if you work hard and dream big, you can achieve anything you imagine. I believe in the American dream because I've lived it, like millions of Americans, I grew up in a small business family where I learned the values of hard work and determination. I was the first person in my immediate family to graduate from college, ran for congress to serve upstate New York, and am proudly the youngest Republican woman elected to congress in history.

I am honored to support President Trump for re-election because I know that he is the only candidate who will stand up for hard-working families and protect the American dream for future generations. Since his first day in office, President Trump has fought tirelessly to deliver results for all Americans. Despite the democrats baseless and illegal impeachment sham and the media's endless obsession with it, I was proud to lead the effort standing up for the Constitution, President Trump, and most importantly, the American people. This attack was not just on the President, it was an attack on you, your voice, and your vote. But the American people were not swayed by these partisan attacks. Our support for President Trump is stronger than ever before, we know what's at stake in this historic election. Americans from all walks of life are unified in support of our President, it's why more Republican women than ever are running for office this year. We understand that this election is a choice between the far-left democratic socialist agenda versus protecting and preserving the American dream.

President Trump is working to safely reopen our main street economy, he understands that the engine of our country is fueled by the ingenuity and determination of American workers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses. Joe Biden wants to keep them locked up in the basement and crush them with four trillion dollars in new taxes. We face a critical choice; Joe Biden's far left failed policies of the past 47 years, or President Trump, who will stand up for the American people and the Constitution. I believe in the wisdom and spirit of the American people to elect the only candidate who is capable of protecting the American dream: President Donald J. Trump. Thank you to the north country for the opportunity to serve as your voice supporting his re-election. God bless the United States of America, the greatest country on earth.

Stefanik, E. M. [PBS NewsHour]. (2020, August 26). WATCH: Rep. Elise Stefanik’s full speech at the Republican National Convention | 2020 RNC Night 3 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3jMDa0tsVM]. Retrieved on October 9, 2020 from https://www.youtube.com/user/PBSNewsHour.