Jeanne Shaheen

The Cunninghams - Oct. 29, 2014

Jeanne Shaheen
October 29, 2014
Campaign status: Won

ED CUNNINGHAM: I work for Lucent Technologies, which was the old Western Electric.

GINGER CUNNINGHAM: Started at Western Electric, AT&T, and then now Lucent. I was there about 33 years.

ED: There were 8,000 people that worked at Lucent, and one out of four of them were New Hampshire residents.

GINGER: They just decided they were gonna close down the whole place, and ship it off.

ED: What happened was there was out-sourced, and a community of 8,000 people was basically dissolved in front of my eyes—and it's a terrible thing to see.

GINGER: I was devastated to see it happening, watching people leave little by little, just seeing the jobs go away, wondering what everybody's gonna do.

ED: Scott Brown took our tax dollars and used them to ship our jobs overseas.

GINGER: Using government money to send jobs overseas, which to me is just completely greed.

ED: Scott Brown is stabbing us in the back and selling us out. Right now he's working for that company that exported the jobs.

GINGER: I don't think Scott Brown is going to take care of me. I don't think it's going to take care of the people of New Hampshire any more than he did before.

ED: Scott Brown is not for us and definitely not for New Hampshire.

GINGER: Scott Brown is for Scott Brown and big money.