Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Alexandria Ocasio - Cortez - Addressing Racism within the House - Feb. 2, 2023

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
February 02, 2023
House Session

Thank you.

As also as a fellow New Yorker I think one of the things we should talk about here is also one of the disgusting legacies after 9/11 has been the targeting and racism against Muslim Americans throughout the United States of America. This is an extension of that legacy, consistency, there is nothing consistent with the Republican Party's continued attack, except nor the racism and incitement of violence against women of color in this body.

I had a member of the Republican caucus threaten my life and you all and the Republican caucus rewarded him with one of the most prestigious committee assignments in this Congress. Don't tell me this is about consistency. Don't tell me this is about a condemnation of anti-semitic remarks when you have a member of the Republican caucus who talked about Jewish space laser and tropes and also elevated her to some of the highest committee assignments in this body.

This is about targeting women of color in the United States of America. Don't tell me because I didn't get a single apology when my life was threatened.

Thank you.

"House Session." C - SPAN live video. Feb. 2, 2023. https://www.c-span.org/congress/?chamber=house&date=2023-02-02