Sara Gideon

Ollie - June 17, 2020

Sara Gideon
June 17, 2020
Campaign status: Won

ERIKA HEMPHILL: I think the very first thing I noticed was Ollie was extremely thirsty. We brought him in for a test with his pediatrician and he came back in the room and he said, “It's diabetes.” I looked at Ollie and he looked at me and we sort of squinted a little bit and then I just sort of said, “We got this.” When you're diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, you're gonna be on insulin for the rest of your life. One small vial of insulin, it can be hundreds of dollars. And I think the pharmaceutical companies know that they're just gonna keep jacking up the prices. In Washington, they talk about the cost of prescription drugs, but in Maine they've actually done something. It's Sara Gideon who wrote the bill to cap the cost of insulin and she brought Democrats and Republicans together to get it passed. What Sara has done is provided hope that we can bring this down to a level that's manageable for all families. Sara Gideon is willing to stand up for the people of Maine, and not the pharmaceutical companies, and that's somebody that we need in Washington.

GIDEON: I'm Sara Gideon and I approve this message.