Amy McGrath

We'll See - March 14, 2018

Amy McGrath
March 14, 2018
Campaign status: Lost

MCGRATH: When I was 12 years old, I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I grew up. I wanted to fly fighter jets and land on aircraft carriers, because that's the toughest flying you can do. When I was 13, my congressman told me I couldn't fly in combat. He said Congress thought women ought to be protected and not allowed to serve in combat. So I wrote every member of the Armed Services committees, asking them to change the law. But most said the same thing – women couldn't fly in combat. Then I got into the Naval Academy and wouldn't you know, that's when they changed the law. I'm Amy McGrath and I love our country. I flew 89 combat missions bombing al Qaeda and the Taliban. I was the first woman Marine to fly in an F-18 in combat, and I got to land on aircraft carriers. I approve this message, because now I'm running for Congress to take on career politicians who put their political party before their country. Some say we can't win, that we can't take back our country for my kids and yours. We'll see about that.