Karen Pence

March for Life Rally - November 3, 2016

Karen Pence
November 03, 2016— Berwyn, Pennsylvania
March for Life Rally

Good afternoon, Pennsylvania! Wow! What an honor it is to be with you here today. I’m Karen Pence thank you and my husband, Mike Pence, is running for vice president on the ticket with our next president of the United States, Donald Trump. I flew in this morning from Iowa where Mike is campaigning right now as we speak, and yesterday we were campaigning in Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado. Later today he will be in Michigan, and then we will meet back up in Pittsburgh tonight. [applause] It has been the greatest privilege of our lives for Mike to be running and preparing to serve as the next Vice President with President Donald Trump.

So for those of you who don't know much about me, I'm a school teacher, an artist, and an entrepreneur and a mother of three wonderful children including our daughter Charlotte who is here with me today. You know, it's been wonderful to serve Indiana these last four years as the First Lady of Indiana, but Mike and I are looking forward to serving the entire country in the next four years with Donald and Melania Trump. [applause] But, you know, on the campaign trail, one of the greatest blessings for us in this campaign has been getting to know Donald and Melania Trump and their family and seeing their heart for this country and their passion to make it better. They are tireless, believe me. Waking up every day, ready to take their message to the American people. And now, with just five days to go before Election Day, we can see their efforts and hard work really paying off. And looking at all of you I can tell that Pennsylvania is ready to make history by helping to elect Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States. And when you do, Melania Trump will be our new First Lady.

She is amazing let me tell you a little bit about her. Melania is first and foremost a dedicated wife and mother. The first time I met Melania was when she and Donald were deciding who to choose for the vice president, and we joined them for a weekend at their resort in Bedminster. We were having dinner, and Melania looked at me and asked about our three children. Well, I told her with a wink that we have raised three independent thinking children who don't always agree with their father on every issue. I told her we have a lot of great discussions around our dinner table believe me. But you know what? She looked at me with her warm smile and she said I like that you're teaching them to think for themselves, I like that. And I knew right then that I was really going to like Melania.

I have so enjoyed getting to know Melania during these last several months. You know, as the spouse of the candidate, it isn't always easy to have your husband out on the campaign trail with a very grueling schedule or to face the barrage of attacks, but I can tell you one thing about Melania Trump: she is strong. she also, she is so strong, she also is very accomplished, working her way up through the fashion and modeling industry and immigrating to America from her native Slovenia. Her love for America is boundless, just like her husband's. She is going to be America's next great First Lady, [applause] and I know that America will fall in love with her just as much as she loves the American people. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great privilege to introduce to you the next First Lady of the United States of America, Melania Trump.