Elizabeth Warren

Too Often- Sept. 18, 2012

Elizabeth Warren
September 18, 2012
Campaign status: Won

WARREN: Like a lot of you, I came up in a family that worked hard and I've spent years fighting for working people. I wasn't looking to run for office but I see how Washington's rigged for the big guys: oil companies, billionaires, and I can't stand by. My fight's for our families, for a level playing field. Scott Brown's not a bad guy, he doesn't always vote the wrong way. But too often, on things that really matter, he's not with you. With almost a quarter of a million people out of work in Massachusetts, Scott Brown voted against three of President Obama's jobs bills. He voted against making millionaires pay the same tax rate as working families. And he voted to give more than 20 billion dollars in subsidies to the big oil companies. Kids are drowning in student loans, roads need repair, the deficit is sky high, and Scott Brown's voting for giveaways to big oil? I wouldn't do that. I'm Elizabeth Warren and I approve this message. I'd be in there fighting for you, not some of the time -- all of the time.