Hillary Rodham Clinton

Thank You - April 2, 2008

Hillary Rodham Clinton
April 02, 2008
Campaign status: Lost

CLINTON: I wanted to thank you again, not only for your support which is invaluable but for the confidence you have placed in me. You know, running for president is an arduous undertaking. There's no way I could get up early and go late and then get up and do it all over again if I didn't have you behind me.

MAN: This is an historical moment for Fayette County and we're just so happy to be here supporting Hillary.

CLINTON: You know, a country is like a great big family where we have to work together because we're better off if everybody's doing better. And it's important that we start feeling that again about the United States.

WOMAN: She is a symbol for the females. I'm sixty years old and I want her to win and I will continue to support her the best I can.

CLINTON: We are going to do this. But I am being outspent 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, even 5:1. So I need your help now more than ever.

CLINTON VIDEO CLIP: I love that sign—Pennsylvania women for Hillary. Thank you very much. There's also a great sign back there—our mamas for the mama. I like that.

CLINTON: I need you to keep making those phone calls and walking those streets and passing out that literature and talking to your friends and emailing everyone you know and, yes, contributing and asking your friends and others to contribute as well. If we have the resources to compete, we are going to do very, very well. I am confident about how this will turn out but I can't do it without you.

CLINTON VIDEO CLIP: We will do it! We will do it! If you're ready to help me, I know we will win Pennsylvania. So, are you ready to go to work? Well let's go make history!

CLINTON: So thanks again for all you have done and all you will do. We are going to do this together. Thank you and God bless you.