Robin Kelly

Thank You - April 12, 2013

Robin Kelly
April 12, 2013
Campaign status: Won

CLIPS OF REPORTERS:

Meet Illinois' new congresswoman-elect….

Robin Kelly….

Robin Kelly….

Robin Kelly….

She is the U.S. representative-elect from the second district….

CLIP OF KELLY: When I first announced for Congress in December, I asked you to stand by me in a fight that was bigger than any one person. I told you then and throughout this campaign that our fight wasn't about me, it was about you. And look at where we are now. We gave a voice to the voiceless and we put our community on a brand new path for a brighter day. Making our families safe from gun violence, putting people back to work. To those who say that we won't be able to make Congress do anything, I've got two words: watch us. Watch us work with President Obama to continue to put people back to work, to fix our broken immigration system and to keep us on the path to recovery. And watch me work hard, day in and day out, to be your voice, to be your champion. After all, you don't overcome challenges by seeing them as too great to conquer. You overcome them by always reaching a little higher, by dreaming a little bigger, by believing that the starts above us are within our grasp. And when we reach for them together, we can do wonders. So thank you so much. God bless of all you, and I am just so honored to be the next congresswoman from the second district [inaudible].