Hillary Rodham Clinton

Sueños - July 15, 2015

Hillary Rodham Clinton
July 15, 2015
Campaign status: Lost

CLINTON: We can't wait any longer for a path to full and equal citizenship. And we should never forget who this debate is about. They are dreamers in much more than name. People who work hard, who love this country. And I'm not about to let anybody who can make a contribution to our economy and our society get thrown away.

YOUNG WOMAN (in Spanish): It doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from. If you contribute to your community, you can be welcomed into this country. A country where I was not born, but which I consider my home. Because this is where my heart is.

YOUNG MAN: I came to the United States when I was 1 year old. This is the only country I've ever known. When I was 15 years old, both my parents and I received an order of deportation, so we lived in fear of being deported every day. Thankfully, I got some relief. But my parents didn't. It made me fight harder, because I was not about to let my parents, you know, be separated.

YOUNG WOMAN 2: I arrived at the United States at the age of 2. I never felt like I was any different than anyone else just for a simple piece of paper that said I wasn't. Thanks to DACA I could go to school, but afterwards -- what is there for me? Like, I want to be a doctor. I want to go to Yale. But after Yale, I can't really become a doctor since my lack of citizenship.

CLINTON: We need to make sure that we give every child a chance to do the best that he or she can. And if that means going to Yale and becoming a doctor, I want that to happen.

YOUNG WOMAN 1: This election is my future.

YOUNG WOMAN 2 (in Spanish): I support the candidate Hillary Clinton because she is the force behind our dreams. Thanks to her, we'll be able to accomplish the dreams we've had for years. And without her, we aren't certain that we'll be able to live those dreams.