Ann Kirkpatrick

Putting Arizona First - May 26, 2015

Ann Kirkpatrick
May 26, 2015
Campaign status: Lost

KIRKPATRICK: In Arizona we tell it straight, so let's get right to it. I'm announcing my candidacy for the United States Senate.

I love this state. I've lived my whole life here. That's my dad's general store in White River. Here I am with my mother, who was a teacher on the White Mountain Apache nation. Those are my boots I bought with my waitressing tips. Yep, I still wear 'em. And that's me raising my family and running my own small business.

In Congress, I've been working hard to put Arizona first; help create a strong diverse economy; improve education; look out for Arizona's farms, ranches in natural beauty; take care of our veterans; pay down our debt; protect Social Security and Medicare; and make Washington play by the same rules as everyone else.

I respect John McCain's service to our nation. I just believe our state's changing. Arizonans should have a real choice who they send to the United States Senate.

Now, I'm not naïve. I know that Washington insiders are already trying to dig up dirt. But having grown up here, a little mud on my boots is part of life. So let's get to it and put Arizona first.

Join me.