Kelly Ayotte

Our daughters - Sept. 18, 2015

Kelly Ayotte
September 18, 2015
Campaign status: Lost

AYOTTE: What drives me is I have a 10-year-old daughter. I wake up every single day because I want to ensure a better quality of life for my 10-year-old daughter and for all of our daughters. Better health care, better job opportunities and for them to be treated fairly. I was appointed to serve as New Hampshire's first female attorney-general by a Republican governor and then reappointed twice by a Democratic governor, and so I learned in that position to work across party lines, to focus on results, and every day to get up and work on issues that help New Hampshire and improve our quality of life. Well, I think that when you reach out with an open hand and you focus on the issues that you agree on instead of always focusing on things that you disagree on, you can get great things done for New Hampshire and for the country, and that's what I do in the Senate. I reach out across the aisle and within my own party to find common ground and common-sense solutions. I feel passionately about providing women access to good health care including fighting for more access to mammograms, to ensuring that women have more access to contraception, and also making sure that we devote more research dollars to cancer research. I'm willing to work with anyone to get things done for the people of New Hampshire and get results and to solve problems and to face our challenges head-on.