Kyrsten Sinema

Kyrsten Sinema for Congress - Jan. 2, 2012

Kyrsten Sinema
January 02, 2012
Campaign status: Won

SINEMA: Washington doesn't get it. They don't get the people are hurting. Jobs are scarce. People losing their homes and they worry that they’re next. I get it, I get it because as a kid, our stepfather was unemployed. Our family lived in an abandoned gas station for two years without running water or electricity. I know what it's like to go to bed hungry. I also get it because I've knocked on 15,000 doors and held hundreds of community meetings. I've seen and heard and understand how tough it is for people to make ends meet. Meanwhile, Congress does nothing. Or worse—bails out Wall Street and the powerful while we suffer. That's why I'm announcing today that I'm running for Congress. I’ll stand up to the powerful in Washington, just like I took on party insiders to get elected to public office and have taken on the governor and her regressive policies. Someone needs to stand up for us—the forgotten middle class and the powerless in our society. Our voice needs to be heard and our concerns addressed. I'm Kyrsten Sinema. Help me be your voice and together we will take this fight for justice and opportunity to Washington and we’ll change public policy in this country.