Morgan Carroll

Great Progress - Dec. 22, 2015

Morgan Carroll
December 22, 2015
Campaign status: Lost

CARROLL: I always knew I wanted to be an advocate. There's more than one way that people can go into that path. It was infused into everything I thought, felt, believed, and did growing up, that it's one of the highest callings you can do, is to try and do right by others. I think there's results in it. I think the other thing when you're an advocate is it's not just that you're trying, but it's important at the end of the day if you can actually get something done. I've lost patience, I think, like a lot of other people, with Congress. Congress is broken. People deserve real representation and they deserve someone who's going to represent them. And i think I'm where a lot of other people were, where at some point you either think, "Well, we're giving up on Congress. It can't be any better. It won't be any better. We're going to have to live with this." Or, we realize we need to fix it. The people actually deserve a Congress that's going to work and a Congress that's going to work for them. And frankly, they deserve to expect and receive real results on real issues that are going to affect their daily lives. I've spent the last decade serving the people of Aurora, Arapahoe County, and the state of Colorado, and it's been the greatest honor of my life. In the six months since we launched our campaign for Congress, we've made great progress. We've earned the endorsement of dozens of community leaders, grassroots organizations, and thousands of grassroots supporters. Join us. 2016 will be the year our people-powered campaign takes about Colorado's 6th Congressional District from lobbyists and special interests. I wish a very happy New Year for you and your families. I'll see you on the campaign trail.