Maggie Hassan

For Ayotte, Party Trumps Security - June 23, 2016

Maggie Hassan
June 23, 2016
Campaign status: Won

NEWS VIDEO CLIP OF LEON PANETTA: Trump is talking about the world on in a way that takes us back to the 1930s. He's talking almost isolationism. He's talking about distributing A-bombs around the world.

NEWS VIDEO CLIP OF ROBERT GATES: I have some real issues with things he said about a national security policy. I have no idea what his policy would be in terms of dealing with ISIS. I worry a little bit about his admiration for Vladimir Putin.

NEWS VIDEO CLIP OF PETER MANSOOR: His finger would be on the nuclear trigger and this is a man who doesn't know what the nuclear triad is. You know, someone who has that lack of knowledge has no business being president of the United States.

NEWS VIDEO CLIP OF LINDSEY GRAHAM: If you think his foreign policy is sound, you're obviously not listening to the same man I'm listening to.

REPORTER: Illinois Senator Mark Kirk just announced he cannot and will not support Trump saying quote, "Given my military experience, Donald Trump does not have the temperament to command our military or our nuclear arsenal."

REPORTER: New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte plans to support Donald Trump.

REPORTER: Kelly Ayotte's spokesperson is now telling us that she is going to support Donald Trump.

VIDEO CLIP:
Reporter: The Trump speech on foreign policy – not enough, too much? What say you?
Ayotte: Well I have to confess, Chris, I did not listen to it because I was here doing my work in the Senate.
Reporter: A clever diversionary tactic by you, Senator.
Ayotte: No diversionary – lots of work to do here.