Patty Murray

First 2016 Ad - July 22, 2016

Patty Murray
July 22, 2016
Campaign status: Won

SENATOR CORY BOOKER: I have seen her passion. I've seen her brilliance at a time that we think that Washington doesn't work. I've seen her build consensus. I've seen her stand up against others in interest of her state.

GOVERNOR JAY INSLEE: After the Republicans shut down the government trying to repeal Obamacare and she helped pass the first bipartisan budget in years. After years of progress being stymied, she helped fix the No Child Left Behind Act. And when Republicans tried to shut down Planned Parenthood and put the health care of every woman in this country at risk, she said not on my watch. We know she has always got our back.

SENATOR ELIZABETH WARREN: She fights for what she believes in. Senator Murray never gives up. She is an inspiration and it is a great honor to serve with her in the United States Senate.

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: Everything Patty has done in her career has been designed to give the middle class just a fighting chance. Nobody wants a handout. They just want a fighting chance. Whether it was fighting for Pell grants to send millions of additional kids to college or health care for tens of millions of Americans, with Patty it's always been about the other person.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: She gets stuff done and she does it without drama and she does it without fuss and without grandstanding, and she's still tough and knows how to negotiate. She's what you want out of a political leader. Patty Murray needs our help. We have to have Patty Murray back in the United States Senate.