Frederica Wilson

Education - Aug. 9, 2010

Frederica Wilson
August 09, 2010
Campaign status: Won

WILSON: I’m state Senator Frederica Wilson, a candidate for Congressional District 17. I’m the CEO and founder of the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project. We take young boys and mold them in middle school, elementary school, high school and then we send them to college. We have sent thousands of young men to college and turned their lives around.

PROF. GEORGE RAY III: One step at a time, Frederica Wilson has been leading the way. I’m a successful product of the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project. Thanks to her, I now have my MBA and I’m a college professor.

WILSON: Young girls would always ask me, “Mrs. Wilson, you're always doing something for the boys. When are you going to do something for the girls?” And I’d say, “Honey, you may think this is for the boys, but this is for you.

WOMAN: I married a member of the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project and today he is an exceptional father and a wonderful husband. Thank you, Frederica Wilson, for molding me a wonderful husband and exceptional father for my kids.

WOMEN AND CHILDREN: Thank you, Frederica Wilson!