Hillary Rodham Clinton

Ebony Speaks about Voting Rights - Oct. 14, 2016

Hillary Rodham Clinton
October 14, 2016
Campaign status: Lost

EBONY: An issue that I'm really passionate about is voting rights. I think it's something that people have fought long and hard for. I want to make sure that everyone has the right to vote, everyone has access to voting, and we can do it in the easiest way possible. A lot of people don't know why they should register to how, how they can register to vote, or they don't want to take that extra step. Hillary Clinton wants to remove all barriers and create automatic registration for those once you become 18 and are eligible to vote. I'm from New York and so she was my Senator, and just to see the things that she done for the state as a senator and have had the opportunity to interact with her and see her passion behind children, behind leveling the playing field for everyone, not just those at the top. And it's not just a catchphrase for her, it's the life that she's lived. Everything that she's done that I've seen has been for the betterment of people outside of herself. She never had to. I cosign Hillary because she cosigns equality.