Dina Titus

Dina Titus, U.S. Congress - May 26, 2015

Dina Titus
May 26, 2015
Campaign status: Won

CANDACE MARIE FANE: I was deemed disabled. I was trying to get the Social Security Administration to give me my Social Security disability, and I tired and I tried. I went through every channel I knew and I wasn't getting any answers. I felt so alone, fighting that battle.

LOUISE GASKINS: My husband was in the United States Air Force and he served in Vietnam. He was diagnosed with dementia. The VA denied us. They said we didn't qualify for any VA services.

FANE: I contacted my congresswomen, and I expected to be on a list of call backs. I expected to hear machines and etcetera, etcetera. I got a live person who spent 45 minutes on the phone listening to my problem. Three days after that, Social Security decided to call me and work on my case.

GASKINS: I came in touch with Dina Titus' office. She looked into the problem and got results, and she did in four weeks what I was trying to do in four years.

FANE: Dina Titus' office showed me that they cared. When it was resolved and I did receive a bulk sum of money which was owed me for over a year and a half. I'm still in shock. She's the best, I'm sorry, she's just the best.

GASKINS: When Dina Titus came to our house to visit, at that time my husband could no longer speak. And my husband did this [give a "thumbs up"]. That was one of his signs saying, you are okay and thank you.

GREG FLAMER: It's very important to have strong leaders behind us, and Dina Titus has been an amazing advocate for marriage quality.

FLETCHER WHITWELL: She's been there with us all along with every fight, both, you know, on the local level and national level.

MANUAL GUILLERMO: Being around Dina Titus is really awesome. I mean, 'cause she greets you. She doesn't act like she's a congresswoman. She acts like another regular person, and one of the best people I've ever met.

JOE FRANK GOSS: When nobody else would help, Dina Titus' office stepped in and made it happen. I did receive the chair that I deserved, and I appreciate everything they've done and I would send any veteran to them in a heartbeat.

TITUS: I just love representing Nevada's 1st District. No matter where I go in the world, when I say I represent Las Vegas everybody knows where that is. District One is Nevada's most diverse district in many ways – ethnically, socially and economically - and that's what makes it so exciting. We've been making progress since being hit so hard by the Great Recession, and I'm proud of what we've accomplished. But there's still a lot of work to do. We must keep fighting to help the middle class get ahead and stay ahead, to pass comprehensive immigration reform and to take proper care of our veterans, to make college more affordable, to protect Social Security and Medicare, and to ensure equal rights for all people, to build infrastructure that supports a 21st century economy. That's why I'm running for reelection in Nevada's 1st District and I'm asking for your help in this effort.