Kyrsten Sinema

Daniel- Sept. 1, 2014

Kyrsten Sinema
September 01, 2014
Campaign status: Won

JEAN SOMERS: He was a really honest happy-go-lucky kind of a kid. Daniel had an implicit memory.

HOWARD SOMERS: We tell people that we lost our encyclopedia when we lost Daniel.

SINEMA: He came home with a traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder. Daniel tried to get help through the Phoenix VA. One day Daniel told them he was thinking about committing suicide. They told him they didn't have any beds to check him in. They didn't refer him to another hospital. They told him he could lay down on the floor in the corner and when he felt better he could drive himself home. Of course shortly thereafter he committed suicide. I've got a big brother who's a marine and my little brother is active-duty. That could be my little brother. That could be my big brother.

JEAN SOMERS: I really feel it's a personal issue with her.

HOWARD SOMERS: She is trying to do what's right, and she's going to lead a bipartisan effort.

SINEMA: We're working on a whole comprehensive list of changes to the VA. I want to make sure veterans are treated the way that I would expect my brother to be treated. I'm Krysten Sinema, and I approve this ad.