Hillary Rodham Clinton

Came Through - April 15, 2016

Hillary Rodham Clinton
April 15, 2016
Campaign status: Lost

DAVID BANKS: 75% of the state's prison population came from 7 neighborhoods in New York City. We saw this as a real crisis, so we created a school just for young men, and primarily for young men of color, so that we could bring a level of hope back into those communities to say it doesn't have to be this way. A young man believes that someday he might be a senator or President of the United States, you don't have to tell him not to join a gang. He won't do it because he sees the possibilities for himself.

ALONZO SANCHEZ: My dreams are limitless, and I got that from Eagle. They're making it seem like anything is possible, and not let where you come from, or where you were born at, your bank account size, dictate your life.

BANKS: Senator Clinton got it from day one. She recognized how important it was to try a level of innovation in the public schools. Were it not for Senator Clinton, the Eagle Academy would never have gotten off the ground.

KELLY SANCHEZ: With her, you get results. People talk about doing stuff, and you never see the results, especially people like us that neighborhoods people seem to forget about. The politicians can come through the neighborhood and they can shake our hands, but when it comes down to it the stuff that they promised us, they never come through with. Hillary was one of the few that came through the neighborhoods, came into our schools, and actually came through with what she promised to do.

BANKS: The kind of leader who I think the country really needs is somebody who believes in people, cares about people, and will fight for people. For me, and what I've known about Hillary Clinton -- she's as good as it gets.

CLINTON: I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.