Allyson Schwartz

Break Through (extended version) - April 18, 2014

Allyson Schwartz
April 18, 2014
Campaign status: Lost

SCHWARTZ: We do all know that the old-boys club exists in Harrisburg, and I have to tell you that it is holding us back and it is hurting us. Because when they get together and all have whatever drinks they have, they're not talking about us. They're not talking about you. They're talking about how to look after each other, protect the status quo, and it going to take someone who knows how to break those barriers and do things differently. It's got to be dealt with. We need a governor who can make this difference. I'm going to Harrisburg to fight for Pennsylvania families. That's what this is about. As one of the first women in the state Senate and as the only woman in the congressional delegation, I know how to break through that boy's club and get things done for Pennsylvania families. Like working with Gov. Rendell to get full-day kindergarten for all kids in Pennsylvania. Or in Congress, fighting for equal pay and to raise the minimum wage. I know how to break through that boy's club and get things done for Pennsylvania families. That's the kind of experience, the kind of leadership I'll bring as your next governor. Can't do it alone, so I need all of you to help me do it. We know we can do better for Pennsylvania, and we can do it together. We have a chance to get it right. Seize the moment and really make a difference for Pennsylvania families. That's always been my priority. It's why I'm running.