Joyce Beatty

Remarks at the 2016 Democratic National Convention - July 26, 2016

Joyce Beatty
July 26, 2016— Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2016 Democratic National Convention

Good evening, fellow Democrats! I'm thrilled to see so many people from the great state of Ohio here tonight.

It is an honor to be here on this historic evening, when we move one step closer to electing the 45th president of these United States of America. Yes, united not divided. I emphasize "united" because—like Hillary Clinton—I know that we are Stronger Together.

This election to me is about choosing between two fundamentally different visions of America, and I believe the choice is crystal clear. Hillary Clinton is by far the most experienced, qualified, and skilled candidate. She cares deeply about each and every American: no matter what you look like, where you are from, or who you love.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, is the most divisive and ill-prepared candidate we've seen in modern times—looking to wind back the clock on all the progress we have made as a nation together. He has built a career on intimidation, discrimination, and bullying—at the expense of and on the backs of small businesses and hardworking families.

In contrast, Hillary Clinton has devoted her entire career to lifting up hardworking families, women, and small businesses.

I want you and all Americans to know the Hillary Clinton that I know. The Hillary who sits with me and talks about her grandchildren, Charlotte and Aidan, and my grandchildren, Leah and Spencer.

The Hillary who sees unlimited potential in every child.

The Hillary who fights for civil rights and freedom for all.

The Hillary who will fight for the hope of a brighter future, a more inclusive America, and greater global peace and cooperation.

Americans want a Commander-in-Chief, not a Divider-in-Chief.

I know which one I choose, and that is the future 45th president of the United States of America, my good friend, Hillary Clinton! I'm with her, because she's with us!

I am Congresswoman Joyce Beatty, and I approve this message. God bless you, and God bless these UNITED States of America.

2020 Democratic National Convention. "Representative Joyce Beatty at DNC 2016." YouTube video, 4:31. July 28, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7maDXrq2b8&t=1s.