Elizabeth Warren

My Announcement - Sept. 13, 2011

Elizabeth Warren
September 13, 2011— Web video

I'm going to do this. I'm going to run for the United States Senate. And the reason is straightforward: middle class families have been chipped at, hacked at, squeezed and hammered for a generation now, and I don't think Washington gets it.

Washington is rigged for big corporations that hire armies of lobbyists. A big company, like GE, pays nothing in taxes, and we're asking college students to take on even more debt to get an education? We're telling seniors they may need to learn to live on less? It isn't right, and it's the reason I'm running for the United States Senate.

You know, I grew up on the ragged edge of the middle class, and I know it's hard out there. I fought all my life for working families and I've stood up to some pretty powerful interests. Those interests are going to line up against this campaign and that's why I need you.

Go to elizabethwarren.com. Sign up. Get involved. Be part of this. We have a chance to help rebuild America's middle class. We have a chance to put Washington on the side of families. We can do this together.