|Born:||December 9, 1954 (age 64)|
|Career:||Governor of Oklahoma, 2011-present|
U.S. House of Representatives, 2007-2011
Lieutenant governor of Oklahoma, 1995-2007
Oklahoma House of Representatives, 1990-1994
|Education:||Oklahoma Baptist University|
Oklahoma State University
Mary Fallin was inaugurated Oklahoma's 27th and first female governor in January 2011.
Fallin was born on December 9, 1954, in Tecumseh, Oklahoma. Both her mother and father served terms as mayor of Tecumseh. Fallin graduated from Tecumseh's local high school and continued her education at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee; however, she graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma, in Edmond, with a Bachelor of Science degree.
Previously a hotel manager, Fallin was elected as a member of Oklahoma's House of Representatives in 1990. In the Republican minority, Fallin passed many bills through to the Democratic governor, including Oklahoma's anti-stalking law and a bill to lower health care costs of small businesses. Because of her work to lower small businesses' health care costs, Fallin was recognized as a Legislator of the Year by the American Legislative Exchange Council.
Oklahoma's first female and first Republican lieutenant governor, Fallin focused on Oklahoma's economy and worked to provide more jobs in the state. During her time as lieutenant governor, a position she held for 12 years, Fallin aided in the passage of Oklahoma's Right-to-Work law, which ended the practice that compelled workers to join a union.
In 2006, after her time as lieutenant governor, Fallin was elected to represent the 5th District of Oklahoma in the United States Congress. For information on Fallin's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation during her time in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Remarks at the 2016 RNC - July 21, 2016
- 2014 State of the State Address - Feb. 3, 2014
- 2013 State of the State Address - Feb. 4, 2013
- Weekly Republican Address - April 7, 2012
- 2012 State of the State Address - Feb. 6, 2012
- 2011 State of the State Address - Feb. 7, 2011
- Remarks at the 2008 RNC - Sept. 4, 2008
- Virginia Tech and Lessons of the OKC Bombing - April 19, 2007
- Speech Opposing the Iraq War Resolution - Feb. 15, 2007
- Great Opportunity - Nov. 1, 2010
- Before You Cast Your Vote - Oct. 31, 2010
- Oklahoma - Oct, 28, 2010
- Consider This - Oct. 21, 2010
- Education Equals Jobs - Oct. 14, 2010
- Real People - Sept. 29, 2010
- Stand Up - Sept. 16, 2010
- That's Not Conservative - Sept. 15, 2010
- The Fallin Plan - July 16, 2010
- I Love Oklahoma - June 16, 2010