|Born:||April 6, 1956 (age 64)|
|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 2007-2015|
Minnesota State Senate, 2001-2007
|Education:||B.A., Winona State University|
J.D., Oral Roberts University
L.L.M., College of William and Mary Law School
Michele Bachmann represented Minnesota's 6th District in the United States House of Representatives from 2007 to 2015. She was the first Republican woman to represent Minnesota in Congress.
Bachmann was born April 6, 1956, in Waterloo, Iowa. In 1968, Bachmann's family moved to Minnesota. In 1978, Bachmann graduated from Winona State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and English. In 1986, she received her Juris Doctorate from Coburn School of Law at Oral Roberts University. In 1988, she completed her L.L.M. in tax law at the College of William and Mary. She worked as a lawyer for the I.R.S. Office of Chief Counsel, in St. Paul, Minnesota, from 1988 to 1992.
Bachmann served in the Minnesota State Senate from 2001 to 2007. In 2011, Bachmann announced her candidacy for U.S. president, but withdrew from the race in January 2012.
For information on Bachmann's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation during her time in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
United State House of Representatives. Bachmann, Michele. Retrieved on Feb. 18, 2020, from https://history.house.gov/People/Detail/10411.
- Public Address at Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference - June 14, 2013
- Remarks at CPAC 2013 - March 16, 2013
- Address to the Values Voters Summit - Sept. 14, 2012
- Keynote Address at Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life Rally - Jan. 23, 2012
- Withdrawal After Iowa Defeat in 2012 - Jan. 12, 2012
- Announcement of Candidacy for Republican Presidential Nomination - June 27, 2011
- Response to State of the Union Address - Jan. 26, 2011
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Health Care Reform - Nov. 18, 2009
- The Nation's Current Financial Situation - Sept. 14, 2009
- All Jobs Are Needed Now - July 20, 2009
- Remarks at the 2008 Republican National Convention - Sept. 2, 2008
- Interstate 35W Bridge - Aug. 3, 2007