|Born:||April 6, 1956 (age 62)|
|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 2007-2015|
Minnesota State Senate, 2001-2007
|Education:||B.A., Winona State University|
J.D., Oral Roberts University
L.L.M., College of William and Mary Law School
Michele Bachmann represented Minnesota's 6th District in the United States House of Representatives from 2007 to 2015. She was the first Republican woman to represent Minnesota in Congress.
Bachmann was born April 6, 1956, in Waterloo, Iowa. When she was 13 years old, Bachmann's family moved to Minnesota, where she graduated from Anoka High School. In 1978, Bachmann graduated from Winona State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree. In 1979, she received her Juris Doctorate from O.W, Coburn School of Law at Oral Roberts University. In 1988, she completed her L.L.M. in tax law at the College of William and Mary.
Bachmann previously served in the Minnesota State Senate, representing the 56th District, from 2001 to 2003, and representing the 52nd District from 2003 to 2007.
In 2011, she announced her candidacy for president, but lost in the primary election.
For information on Bachmann's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation during her time in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Public Address at Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference - June 14, 2013
- Remarks at CPAC 2013 - March 16, 2013
- Address to the Values Voters Summit - Sept. 14, 2012
- Keynote Address at Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life Rally - Jan. 23, 2012
- Withdrawal After Iowa Defeat in 2012 - Jan. 12, 2012
- Announcement of Candidacy for Republican Presidential Nomination - June 27, 2011
- Response to State of the Union Address - Jan. 26, 2011
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Health Care Reform - Nov. 18, 2009
- The Nation's Current Financial Situation - Sept. 14, 2009
- All Jobs Are Needed Now - July 20, 2009
- Remarks at the 2008 Republican National Convention - Sept. 2, 2008
- Interstate 35W Bridge - Aug. 3, 2007