|Born:||April 2, 1955 (age 64)|
|Career:||U.S. House of Representatives, 2009-present|
Maine State Senate, 1992-2000
|Education:||B.A., College of the Atlantic|
Chellie M. Pingree assumed office in January 2009, representing Maine's 1st District in the United States House of Representatives, the first woman elected to Congress from that district.
Pingree was born April 2, 1955, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She attended the University of Southern Maine in Portland, Maine. She completed her Bachelor of Arts from the College of Atlantic in Bar Harbor, Maine, in 1979.
Prior to serving in Congress, Pingree served as a member of the North Haven, Maine, board of assessors (1981 to 1987) and as chairwoman (1982–1983). She also served on the North Haven, Maine, planning board from 1981 to 1991. From 1992 to 2000, Pingree served as a member in the Maine State Senate and, from 1996 to 2000, she served as the majority leader for the Maine State Senate.
For information on Pingree's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Victory Speech – Nov. 6, 2018
- Small Business Financing And Investment Act Of 2009 - Oct. 29, 2009
- Health Care - Oct. 13, 2009
- Embrace Marriage Equality - May 14, 2009
- Committee on the Budget - March 18, 2009
- Service - Oct. 24, 2014
- Make it in Maine - Oct. 18, 2012
- Heroes - Oct. 15, 2012
- Fighter - Oct. 30, 2010
- Small Business - Oct. 4, 2010
- Vision - Oct. 30, 2008
- Opportunity - Oct. 22, 2008
- Squeeze - Oct. 6, 2008
- Trust - June 5, 2008
- Get it Right This Time - May 28, 2008
- My Brother Bob - May 20, 2008
- Uncommon Leadership - May 14, 2008
- Leadership on Iraq - May 12, 2008