|Born:||November 11, 1940 (age 78)|
|Career:||U.S. Senate, 1993-2017|
U.S. House of Representatives, 1983-1992
Marin County (Calif.) Board of Supervisors, 1977-1982
|Education:||B.A., Brooklyn College|
Barbara Boxer served as a U.S. senator from California from 1993 to 2017. She was the first woman to chair the Committee on Environmental and Public Works, as well as serving as the chair of the Select Committee on Ethics, becoming the only senator to preside over two committees simultaneously.
Boxer was born November 11, 1940, in Brooklyn, New York. She attended Brooklyn College and received a bachelor's degree in economics. In the 1970s, she worked as a journalist for Pacific Sun, as an aide to U.S. Representative John L. Burton, and on the Marin County Board of Supervisors for six years.
Prior to serving in the U.S. Senate, Boxer served in the U.S. House of Representatives for California's 6th district, from 1983 to 1993. While in the House, she served on the House Armed Service Committee. In the Senate, Boxer served as the Democratic chief deputy whip.
For more information on Boxer's policy subject areas, committee appointments and sponsored/co-sponsored legislation during her time in the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives, please visit her profile on https://www.congress.gov.
- Remarks on the WRDA Bill Provisions - Dec. 9, 2016
- Farewell Remarks after 24 Years in the U.S. Senate - Dec. 7, 2016
- Democratic Women of the Senate at the 2016 DNC - July 28, 2016
- Remarks at the 2016 DNC - July 26, 2016
- Remembering Geraldine Ferraro - March 29, 2011
- Senatorial Debate with Carly Fiorina - Sept. 1, 2010
- S. 1733, Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act - Oct. 27, 2009
- Department of Defense Appropriations Act of 2010 - Sept. 30, 2009
- Remembering Senator Edward M. Kennedy - Sept. 10, 2009
- Remarks on the War in Iraq - Dec. 21, 2005
- The Filibuster Issue - April 25, 2005
- Moving Forward - Oct. 31, 2010
- Fighting for Jobs - Oct. 28, 2010
- Glass- Oct. 27, 2010
- Oil's Well that Ends Well- Oct. 26, 2010
- Workers- Oct. 20, 2010
- Shoulder to Shoulder- Oct. 18, 2010
- Qualified- Oct. 16, 2010
- Out of Touch- Oct. 15, 2010
- Precisely- Oct. 1, 2010
- Outsourcing- Sept. 15,2010
- Made in America- Sept. 13, 2010